Join MediPharm Labs! Share our passion and our mission. Our company offers rewarding opportunities for prospective employees and we are always looking for talented people who are interested in challenging work and continuous learning. We have a highly engaged workforce; everyone’s experience is valued. Our focus is on producing the highest quality cannabis oil and concentrates from MediPharm Labs facilities in Barrie, Ontario, Canada and Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Based in in Barrie
Job Summary: The Extraction Technician is a laboratory based job, working as part of the Production Team responsible for producing cannabis derivatives in compliance with policies and procedures. You will operate and maintain equipment related to cannabis derivative production.
- Operate CO2 extraction equipment
- Operate milling, decarb and filtration equipment
- Ensure preventative maintenance of equipment as per schedules
- Contribute to the improvement of current procedures and development of new processes
- Ensure all production is completed according to SOP’s and Batch Production Records
- Test functional performance of the machine and report any issues to the supervisor
- Follow Good Production Practices (GMP) and maintain extraction equipment by cleaning and sanitizing as per SOPs
- Complete paperwork to comply with company SOPs and regulatory requirements
- Enter all activities into Batch Records
- Work with the Quality Control team to submit samples for analysis
- Adhere to Health and Safety Standards
- Other duties as required
- Experience with Supercritical CO2 extraction equipment and procedures is preferred
- Experience in food or pharma manufacturing is an asset
- A background in chemistry or chemical engineering is an asset
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong mathematical/analytical skills
- Team Player
- Successful candidates must be able to pass security background check
- This is a full-time position based in Barrie.
- Working either Monday to Friday 7:00am - 3:00pm OR Monday to Thursday 3.00pm to 1.00am.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.