Health and Safety Associate
Join MediPharm Labs! Share our passion and our mission. Our company offers rewarding opportunities for prospective employees and we are always looking for talented people who are interested in challenging work and continuous learning. We have a highly engaged workforce; everyone’s experience is valued. Our focus is on producing the highest quality cannabis oil and concentrates from MediPharm Labs facilities in Barrie, Ontario, Canada and Wonthaggi, Victoria, Australia.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Barrie, Ontario headquarters
Job Summary: The Health and Safety Associate will develop and foster a best in class health and safety culture. You will be an onsite subject matter expert and champion wellness and safety in the workplace, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures that ensure a healthier, safer work environment.
- Develop, maintain and promote the necessary policies and procedures that ensure healthy and safe work practices, and avoid exposure to risk
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation including completion of all necessary inspections and reports. Take proactive measures and exercise ongoing follow up on all inspections and reports
- Coordinate with the JHSC
- Coordinate and manage all processes and legislated requirements related to the Ministry of Labour as well as the WSIB Claims Management including the Return to Work Program, WSIB reporting, modified work planning, investigations and monthly reporting
- Maintain all necessary documentation such as hazard registry’s, policies, training records, manuals etc. to ensure compliance to all legislated requirements
- Oversee the Incident Reporting process and ensure timely investigations, root cause analysis and appropriate follow up on all reports
- In coordination with Department Managers, assist with development of specific policies, procedures, job standards and programs that promote healthy and safe work practices
- Lead training sessions to educate employees, including senior management of their rights and responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Develop, maintain and promote wellness within the workplace
- Work with the Project Management group to administer the contractor management policy and program.
Skills and Experience:
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma, Certificate N.C.S.O or CRSP is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in workplace safety related position
- Experience in Claims Management and WSIB Program preferred
- Strong communicator and proven ability as an influencer is essential
- Manufacturing/food or pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Must have strong hazard recognition skills and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook required
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.